Sunday, February 1, 2009

"Super" Bowl??

Is it just me or was the whole Super Bowl experience very anemic this year? It was boring until the end and had a mediocre halftime show. I guess that is what you get with a really lucky team that really probably shouldn't be there and a semi-retired rocker. Maybe they could change the name to the Mediocre Bowl or NotsoSuper Bowl. That is my opinion and you know what they say about opinions. Maybe I'm being a little harsh. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I would have cared and a 3 year-old wasn't wanting my attention.

Even the commercials were lacking. Are you telling me these companies that have profits close to a billion dollars can't shoot a decent commercial? Oh well, there is always next year.

However, I have a more pressing question. Does God control games so certain teams will win? Did he appoint the Steelers to win? (Now you are going to say,"He knew the Steelers were going to win." I agree with that, but did he control the Super Bowl in order that they would win?) I think that He usually doesn't. Football is for our entertainment and in the world scheme it doesn't matter who wins. God gives athlete's the talents and they should use it to the best of his ability to honor God. I believe that there are times that God has changed a game for His glory. I don't know for a fact that the Lord has done this, but He is God and He can do what He wants. Maybe someone needed to learn a lesson or He wanted to bless a faithful servant. I guess it's not really important that I know the answer to this question, but it is fun to discuss. Discussions like this usually turn to whether or not predestination exists. I'm not sure of the answer of that either. I guess I will just have to wait until I get to heaven to answer both of these questions.



"When I am afraid, I will trust in you Lord." -Psalm 56:3

No comments: